Top reasons you need a sports chiropractor
For many years the world’s top athletes (Olympic, professional, and college athletes) have sought out chiropractic care in Raleigh from sports chiropractors for performance enhancement, injury recovery, and wellness.
Sports chiropractors share expertise in treating sports-related injuries including:
- Sprains and strains.
- Running injuries.
- Repetitive use injuries.
- Herniated discs.
- Tight and sore muscles.
- IT band syndromes.
- Evaluating for head trauma and concussions.
- Muscle injuries.
Here are a few ways chiropractic care by a sports chiropractor can help athletes enhance and improve performance:
- Work on your body biomechanics.
- Provide guidance on nutritional needs for athletes.
- Treat overuse injuries.
- Treat repetitive injuries.
- Test for muscular and joint imbalances and dysfunctions.
- Treat soft tissues when they become inflamed or injured.
- Remobilize injured or stiff joints allowing increased mobility, flexibility, and range of motions that are essential to sports performance.
Why should you visit a sports chiropractor?
- Sports chiropractors are licensed to perform physical therapy which gives them a unique perspective in helping athletes recover after they experience a sports injury.
- Unlike Physical Therapists, who do not hold doctorate degrees, sports chiropractors are able to make referrals to other medical specialists like orthopedists, neurosurgeons, and pain management physicians when there may be a more serious underlying sports injury, like a fracture, ruptured tendon, torn ligament or head injury.
- You can also receive physical therapy.
- Chiropractic joint mobilization.
- Many sports chiropractors provide X-Ray services in their office which may help diagnose your injury more quickly.
- Sports chiropractors are able to order outside imaging such as MRIs, CAT scans, and lab work which can be used to diagnose and manage sports injuries.
- Many sports chiropractors have advanced education in treating sports injuries.
Dr. Jeffrey Gerdes, D.C.