a loud cracking full spine chiropractic adjustment at carolina chirocare and rehab
It’s Dr. Gerdes here your Raleigh Chiropractor. I wanted to share a recent video of a full spine chiropractic adjustment (see video below).
Chiropractic Spinal Adjustment Explained
These spinal adjustments are effective treatments for back and neck pain, sciatica, headaches, whiplash, and car accident injuries, back spasms, arthritis pain, stiff joints, sports injuries, and many other musculoskeletal conditions.
Spinal manipulation & manual manipulation: This kind of manual manipulation is a high-velocity and short lever arm thrust applied to the vertebra with the aim of improving functionality, restoring range of motion, and reducing nerve irritability.
It’s also commonly referred to as a chiropractic adjustment
Mobilization: Chiropractic mobilization is high-velocity low amplitude manipulation or movement or stretching of muscles and joints which aim to increase a range of motion in those areas.
The patient received a manual diversified adjustment to the cervical, thoracic, lumbar, and pelvic spine.
These adjustments in conjunction with other physical therapies can help to manage pain, facilitate recovery after a car accident or sports injury, increase flexibility, help with sleep issues, and increase mobility and strength.
Forms of chiropractic therapy
Some of the physiological therapeutic measures often utilized in chiropractic care include:
- Physical therapies; most chiropractors will use physical therapies such as electrical muscle stimulation (EMS), ultrasound therapy, laser therapy, topical pain relief cream applied to the skin, traction therapy or massage therapy
- Heat and cold; Chiropractors might alternate between heat and ice therapy to help in treating patients back pain. The Ice packs can be used to numb your back for ten to the fifteen-minute window and then switch using a heating pad to help in restoring blood flow and promote fast healing.
- Exercise; Chiropractors provide patients with a set of instructions for an exercise program focusing on stretching as well as strengthening the affected region.
- Manual therapy; Raleigh NC Chiropractors will stretch or massage your irritated soft tissues to boost circulation, reduce swelling & inflammation associated with pain, as well as encourage healing.
- Dietary management. Chiropractors will often provide their patients with tips on how an improved diet can help to reduce pain, while others might recommend dietary supplements after spinal manipulation.
Typically the patient will feel relief after these spinal chiropractic adjustments. Occasionally, there may be some minor soreness after the initial treatments.
Dr. Jeffrey Gerdes, D.C.